Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chlois: Media Discussions (non-canon media)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chlois: Media Discussions (non-canon media)

Here is a thread to discuss any media or hard core factual items and how one might feel it does or does not related to Chlois.

Keep in mind that this thread is for outside media other than Smallville episodes. Examples would be interviews, telecasts, Convention discussions, etc.

This thread is NOT A DEBATE THREAD so debate thread rules do not apply.

Please keep the discussion healthy and within the bounds of ksite's rules. And remember that all links to outside sources must be approved so if they've not been approved yet, email one of the moderators for permission.

Have fun!!!
    Last edited by Tabbymarie; 07-19-2006, 11:41 AM.

Sci Fi Wire has some quotes from actor Aaron Ashmore, talking about cuddling up with Allison Mack as Jimmy Olsen. "He's also going to be a love interest for Chloe [Allison Mack]," Ashmore said. "They met a couple of summers before and had a bit of a thing, so now they're kind of reconnecting. "He's basically been hired as an intern at the Daily Planet, and his job right now is, like, scanning pictures into the computer and stuff like that. But he really wants to be a photographer. Hasn't really perfected his skills yet, you know, half of it's out of focus. He is supposed to be younger [than Clark and Lois], but we're all peers, I think." No deference to "Mr. Kent?" "I call him CK, actually. Yeah, CK. I don't know how much he likes that, but that's what he's been labeled." Heat vision, anyone?

source:CBR News

Lois Lane naver in any version had a romantic relationship with Jimmy Olsen.
    Last edited by gottaralane; 07-19-2006, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Thank you! So you would categorize this one as in favor of EDLois, because Lois and Jimmy never dated, correct? Its okay to post your thoughts on the articles so long as it doesnt turn into a debate (or the debate is redirected into the debate thread).

Comment

Thats my point of view from Chloe and Jimmy dating. It would be a bit weird to me if the real Lois Lane had lost her virginity to Jimmy Olsen lol. So I see it as in favor EDLois.

Comment

I've aquired the offical documentary on "Look, Up In The Sky!" And they expanded more of the later segments, but I've got one quote I thought was applicable (and that I actually was able to transcribe.) I'll undoubtibly have more when I'm not constantly entralled with it (darn you Ken Burns.)

Mike Carlin on SV: Smallville found a way to do Superman without the costumne. Without the stuff people think are the normal trappings of a Superhero story and the character is still a hero.

Comment

Report from Comic Con:
            There's not a Smallville panel here this year, but I did get a handout that everyone gets here when they register for Titan's products, and it had a full double-page spread for Smallville's magazine.

In it, I don't think Allison Mack was ever mentioned, there's a pic of the last cover with the kiss on it, and another one with her freezing. But, no mention of her. For the most part, its about Tom and Erica.

I don't think this is "evidence" in favor of Erica, per se, but it is showing us who Titan finds important enough to feature at the greatest genre convention on earth (well, or close to it).

Comment

Do you know if Titan would have a choice or would that be influenced some how by other people?

I find it interesting that they use thos pics while talking about Tom and Erica. Did someone make a snafu?

Comment

I don't nkow that answer for 100% sure but i've been told Titan is unrelated to AlMiles, who have to put up a semi big fight if they want something changed or added, etc.

likely almiles are just consultants for the magazine.

Comment

Well I was wondering about the Comic Con themselves, actually, if they would have power/ability.

Comment

I don't know if this count but tht CW has also made its promo with Erica Tom and Michael.....the weird thing is Kristin wasn't fetuared and being her the "leading lady" is strange that she didn't appear and Erica who is a supporting Character does.

I think finally having the name Lois Lane is meaning something at the CW.

I say this cuase I don't believe AlMilles will promote EDLois in relative big network is like fooling the viewer "Hey kids this is Lois Lane........(2 years later) oh ups she is not"

I asume they had the last word on who appears at the promo and who doesn't.

Well is just my oppinion
                    If this doesn't count sorry
                    Last edited by gottaralane; 07-21-2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Almiles isn't in charge of of CW promos - that's the CW marketing team. Almiles didn't control the S4 packaging either. And we know from 04 and 05 they filmed the entire cast, they just didn't use them all.

In 04, they took out AM and put in ED in the bumps. In 05 they had ED, took her out, put AM in and deleted ED from the WB websites. In 06, thus far, ED is in ads again.

I think marketing can figure in sure. Doesn't hurt to document.

For example, the next Titan magazine is all aobut Chloe and Allison due to "popular demand (and you did demand it.)"

Comment

Driving by with the latest from comic con. Just got back from a panel with the 52 peeps, and personally asked if they are drawing anything from Smallville.

Waid's answer: Lex was always from Smallville, originally. The only thing that Waid EVER took from Smallville was the kent's being younger (he says he thinks Smallville is absolutely brilliant for making them younger and hipper, and not like Clark's GRANDPARENTS).

Later talked to a few fellow comic book geeks, and they all say that Waid is wrong, and that its a retcon he's making up to justify Birthright. But we have to believe Waid.

So, take from that what you will.

Comment

As promised, SACBEE link:

Voters were asked to vote for best lois and Superman/Clark
                          THLois won best Lois by 2/3rds
                          EDLois got 19%
                          MKLois with 11%

Interesting to note is that there were equal positive and NEGATIVE comments in reference to EDLois. This is significant because they never ASKED for who was worst, this was information the voters volunteered.
                          Last edited by Hoshi_Reed; 07-21-2006, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I found it interesting that Allison Mack herself had this to say on Chloe, Lois, and Chlois (I put the dates both interviews were taken so as to denote which season she was referencing):

AMO: Now that Lois has arrived into the series, what do you think about Chloe vs. Lois?

ALLISON: I don’t like to pit them up against each other, because I don’t think that there is any competition between the two of them. I think that Lois really softens Chloe because the majority of the situations we’ve seen Chloe in, she’s been the most aggressive, the sort-of most mature, the most intelligent out of the people that she’s been around, whereas with Lois she’s grown up with Lois—she’s grown up sort of like Lois’ little sister kind of like, tagging along being, sort of, under her. So any time Lois is around Chloe steps out of the power position and Lois takes over. You can see a really interesting side of Chloe just because she’s never really pushed control to someone as much as she does to Lois and sort of taken the back seat to the power position as much as she does to Lois. So it introduces a really great dynamic to my character because it shows a specific side to her that you haven’t seen before.

AMO: That’s true, she’s always quiet around Lois.

ALLISON: Yeah, she is a lot more sensitive than Lois and, so you get to see a sensitive, sort of, compassionate side of Chloe that you don’t see very often. Because Lois is much more like—for all the aggression–kind of “who gives a ****?” you know? Chloe is not as much that way when she’s with Lois.

AMO: Do you think she’s that way when she’s not with Lois?

ALLISON: I think she’s a tendency to be more that way, but I think when she witnesses someone else do it, she realizes, “Wow, that’s not really the best way to approach all situations,” and takes two steps back. But I definitely think that that is a family trait (laughs). I definitely think that blinded aggression and ambition runs in the family.

(allisonmackonline.com, April 18, 2005)

MO: Okay, thank you. So, on to Smallville questions! Do you know how Chloe got her name?
                            ALLISON: Chloe Sullivan? I have no idea. I have no idea, no…do you?
                            AMO: No!
                            ALLISON: [laughs] Well, everybody’s speculating that there’s all kinds of symbolism to her name. Like, if you move the letters around it spells Lois. But I don’t…I don’t think any of that. I think it works for her and it’s just something that’s not in any of the comics.
                            AMO: Did you know that Lois and Clark end up living on a street called Sullivan Place in the comics?
                            ALLISON: Do they really? No I didn’t know that. That’s awesome. So that’s what it has to do with. I’m sure it does—what with Jeph Loeb being one of our writers, he knows all of that stuff…I’m sure there’s something like that.
                            AMO: Okay, so on to the 100th episode. Where do you think that the relationship between Chloe and Clark will be heading the next half of this season?
                            ALLISON: I think they’ve developed a really amazing partnership this year. And I think it’ll keep going down that path. I don’t think they’ll ever be romantically involved. I think there are too many irons in the fire for that to ever work out. But I do think that they’ll be aiding one another as friends, now as best friends. And there’s this relationship building with Annette and myself. Where we become a family since Jonathan’s gone. Martha and Chloe are the only two left who know the secret. So Chloe’s really a part of the Kent family now. It’s just Martha, Clark, and Chloe. So I think that it’ll continue along that path where there’s this strong sense of morality and fighting people and making sure good triumphs.

AMO: Final Smallville question. You already touched on this a little bit but some of your fans feel that they have contextual evidence that Chloe is going to be The Lois Lane.
                            ALLISON: Yeah some people are very much stuck on that idea.
                            AMO: Yeah, that's true, but the show does give some evidence for the idea for Chloe, Lana, and Lois. So they were wondering what you feel about that.
                            ALLISON: I mean, we have Lois, right? So I don't see that ever happening. But it's an interesting thing to speculate.

(allisonmackonline.com, January 18, 2006)

Actors don't always know what the writers plan, but they do tend to know their character well enough (the good ones anyway), so I felt this was rather relevant.
                            Last edited by PoisonIvy; 07-22-2006, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Just a heads up for Allison Mack fans. There is a full page article of Allison in the new SFX magazine. Pretty sure it was the June issue. I didn't buy it because I didn't want to spend $10 for one article. I think there was big SR article in it too, but I certainly wouldn't waste my money to buy that.

I only scanned the article and don't think it had any Chloisy bits but it had some nice quotes about Smallville. And it's nice to see Allison get some exposure in a magazine like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎