Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chloe's psuedonym - Chloe=Lois

Alright, the K-Site spoilers from "Delete" are in, and it looks like Smallville's intrepid reporter has to use a psuedonym (fake name) in order to submit a certain article to the Daily Planet. And we are told - or at least strongly hinted at - that the initials of the name Chloe chooses are... drumroll, please... LL! Could it be?!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! That's just SPOOKY! I've heard those theories but I always hoped they weren't true.
    I reckon that Chloe's article is what will give Lois the foot in the door as a reporter. Maybe Lois will succeed because of Chloe, and perhaps Chloe won't So there could be some hard feelings between the two. That would be an interesting way to introduce Lois, say next season. Origionally I was against the idea, but I think this could work. Hmm...

Comment

Actually, MagicCarpet, this spoiler strongly suggests that Chloe Sullivan is Lois Lane...

Comment

Could be. I'm thinking if they go much further but not all the way, it would really cheapen Lois Lane as a shadow of Chloe, and Clark as a weird deranged guy in the future.

Chloe is already very much like the Lois we know, if she's both Lois' cousin and uses her name...then it'd be seriously psycho of future Clark to be so smitten with Lois in the future...especially if Chloe dies. It cheapens all three of them if that's how it turns out.

If the Chloe we know isn't set to become the Lois we know, then they've made a serious mistake here...because if Chloe dies and Clark becomes obsessed with her through the proxy of her cousin...that's just squicky.

Sort of like Angel's love of Darla by the proxy of Buffy.

Comment

But Lois Lane is Chloe's cousin...
          Hee I do realise that a lot of people go for that theory- Chloe is Lois, but not me. Nothing personal, kryptonomicon, just my opinion.

Comment

Yeah, but whoever said Lois is Chloe's cousin? There's been no official word on that - although there are a lot of people that seem rather desperate to believe it.

Comment

Kryptonomicon, Millar and Gough said words to the effect of "Lois is Chloe's cousin. She's in college. And I don't think she and Clark get along well at all". They also said later they wish they hadn't said that.

The issue is whether Lois is just some broad, could be a ninja or a waitress or whatever...but that Chloe takes her name to sneak around Lionel's efforts to squelch her...then takes that name as a nom de plume later on. So the person Clark would be colleagues with at the Daily Planet would be Lois Lane a.k.a. Chloe Sullivan...while the woman born as Lois Lane could be off doing who knows what.

Comment

I really hope Chloe does turn out to be Lois. That, for me, is what would make Smallville worth every frustrating moment.

Comment

Didn't the spoiler say she was using her cousin's name. If that isn't proof enough that she is Lois Lane's cousin, I don't know what is.

If chloe ends up being Lois, it will cheapen the whole show. Imagine if you had heard prior to the first episode airing that the writers were planning to retcon Lois Lane and change her name so she could appear in Clark's past. Everyone would have been livid.

Don't let your love for the character skew how rediculous this approach to the Superman story would be.

Guess we will all see in good time.

RLJ

Comment

I agree with RLJ.

Comment

How can Chloe be Lois if they are planning to introduce the character later on?
                      Isn't just that Chloe uses her cousins name to sneak a story but ironically years down the line, the real Lois Lane becomes the star reporter.

She never grew up with Clark and she's older than him.
                      Last edited by lynelle; 10-27-2003, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Well, if nothing else, it would be simple poetic justice: Chloe was the one who suffered for years because of her unrequited love for Clark, but in the end she - not Lana - is the one who gets him. Besides, in terms of continuity, having Chloe become Lois is really no more ridiculous that having Lex and Clark be "childhood" friends.

Comment

Lex and Clark being childhood friends doesn't really change what's to come.
                          Lex will still end up being bad, and never connect Clark with Superman.
                          Clark will work for the Daily Planet and will become Superman.

Changing Chloe into Lois changes the timeline, age difference and future interaction.

Chloe will know who Clark is.

Comment

*resigned sigh...*

Comment

TPTB have been playing very loose with the canon as it is! I now believe anything is possible.... even Chloe being Lois (not saying she will be... but she could). Maybe she uses the name more and becomes known for it so she adopts it professionally!maybe the "real" Lois is a florist in Des Moines!

Al

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎